Friday, April 25, 2008

Jenga mini loaves















Easter proved to be one treasure box of surprises. Being in a neighbourhood of young parents and grandparents looking after their insanely adorable grandchildren, its not surprising to hear high, chirpy voices echoing throughout the area everyday.

And, I got along really well with the bunch of them! Friends insist that it is some kind of maternal instinct developing, but I beg to differ. Being surrounded in my extended family with young cousins, nieces and newphews, hanging out with kids are the norm. So, having completed my initiation with the 7 little children in my neighbourhood, I officially became their 'badminton coach'. So, with my lazy non-rainy evenings spent playing badminton with them, we naturally became quite good friends! So much so that 6-year old leader of the bunch asked if I was in Primary Six (12 years old).

'Hanging out' with them inspired me to make the 'Jenga mini loaves'. Cheesy as it sounds, they actually reminded me of the 'Sunkist Ads'. Hence- Orange Jenga mini loaves! Their longish twiggy-like shapes made them easy for the kids to hold and eat. :)

Easter treasures are definitely for keeps.

No comments: