Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tea Party-ing




















I am a fervent advocate of food therapy, food psychology, food-anything. The current flatmates have noticed my certain inclinations towards bribing friends, neighbours and possibly future love interests with food. But, while I enjoy sharing what I make with my friends, I do enjoy very occasional treats for myself. Especially when I am back home in Singapore hanging out with my best friend.

The Tea-Party along 6th Ave back home has been my favourite hang out tea-joint since I was in Junior College. Chancing upon it purely my chance, I loved the place for its mod interiors, amazing white tea and out-of-this-world scones. Yes, scones. Something quintessentially british, but I've never been able to find a melt in your mouth crumble like the one here.

The strangest thing, perhaps, was daddy has always been under the impression that I was going for a tea party.



















Me: Daddy, Can you drop me at the Tea Party on our way home? (in the afternoon)
Daddy: Sure.

Me: Daddy, I'm going to the Tea Party tonight after dinner. (9pm)
Daddy: Aren't tea-parties supposed to be in the afternoons? Isn't it a bit late?

HAHA! this coming from him after 4 years of me going to Tea Party!

When I got back in Summer, I found out that I hadn't brought Bia there at all, which really consituted a terrible travesty. So, just before I left, I brought her and Jan (my 爱人) there to try out the delish scones and tea. Needless to say, they were appalled that I kept such a hideaway from them, and we are definitely going to head back there when I get back in Dec.

No comments: