Tuesday, April 21, 2009

did you say Korean for dinner tonight?




















Yesterday being my turn to host P and R for dinner last night, I decided - since we are all almost acclimatising to R's pescetarainism - to cook (a variation of) Soondubu Chigae (Tofu Stew) and Dok Pokki (however you spell that- Korean rice cakes in sweet sauce). And since my ever M-I-A flatmate was at home yesterday, it made sense to cook bigger portions.

So 2nd attempt on the Tofu Stew turned out really well, but could do with more chili powder :D and as for the Korean rice cakes- the recipe i found online turned out to be simple and idiot-proof. We were all stuffed by the time we polished off everything and according to the flatmates, those little rice cakes kept 'growing' in his stomach. Not the most ideal dish when you are trying to go on a diet really!

Apologies for the crappy photos- my camera battery was running low, so everything had to be snappy :(

1 comment:

Bia said...

Cook me Korean when you fly back!