Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Orangery




















I've heard rave reviews of The Orangery from one of the flatmates, who insists that it is a fantastic place for tea and can definitely hold its place amongst the giants right here in London. So, with the ever fickle weather ruining plans for an outdoor picnic, J and I decided that we should celebrate Pau's birthday at The Orangery!

You never really believe in love at first sight till you experience it for yourself. And I think now I'm a fervent believer. Everything made it perfect. From the charming maƮtre d', to the unpretentious decor - simple, white and pristine, the pieces just fell in place!

And the cakes, oh the cakes. We had the traditional scone set, a banana walnut cake and a belgian chocolate cake to share. I don't believe I can ever feel the same way about cakes again.

So yes, I've finally moved on from my last obsession, to this new one. Double Yum.







































No comments: