Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mr Supermarché




















Everything about supermarkets make me happy. From looking at the fully-stocked, neatly arranged shelves, to the huge stock variety in their open freezers just makes me happy. Wandering around a very strange and unfamiliar London 3 years earlier made me scared/frantic/overwhelmed.

And then I met Waitrose.

Waitrose in the UK is kinda like the equivalent of the Cold Storage supermarkets we have here in Singapore. The variety of mushrooms, meat, fish, and more importantly cereals and yoghurt they stocked were mindboggling fantastic. At the very second I stepped in, all (and I truly mean all) my anxiety melted away. And throughout the three years there, no amount of stress could fight against my new Hero.

Hanging out with friends that feel the same way about Mr Supermarche inevitably entails that no matter what we plan our day to look like, we'd just end up wandering into supermarkets. S and I got reaquainted to Sara Lee Pound Cakes yesterday, when our healthy hiking plans got derailed by the tempermental weather. Imagine my delight when I saw those delicious frozen pound cakes that I renamed 'ice cream cake' (before the wave of real ice cream cakes infiltrated the market) as a little kid :):)

Yes, I know I'm sad.

1 comment:

s said...

Haha wheeeee supermarket aunties unite!