Saturday, November 21, 2009

Venturing East
















So I've heard countless ravings about all the fantastic eats in the East, but the thing is - no amount of persuasion can get my very practical dad to drive all the way just to eat the newest big thing in Singapore. Don't get me wrong, Singapore isn't big at all. In fact, we are really tiny. Many foodies don't mind the queues, the drive or the belly, but the truth is, patience never did run strong in the family's veins. Unless it's been given 10 thumbs up, a twenty minute drive across our little island has never been deemed that worth it. (We are just plain lazy)

Well, I decided to put an end to all this slothlike behavior and thus found myself in Joo Chiat with Jia on Friday. The latest brainchild from the people who brought us Awfully Chocolate, Everything with Fries is basically your burger shop - a tad more upmarket and with the very obvious product differentiation. I had the lamb burger while Jia had the pork and both were rather decent garb. I was a little disappointed in the variety of fries offered -with a more varied assortment of flavourings compared to type of fries (thickcut or shoestring) the apparent main actor seemed a little lacklustre and didn't quite rise to expectations.





















Nonetheless, couldn't stop grinning when I saw this :

No comments: