Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Vierge

First postings are always a little tricky. like they say, first impression counts.

I have many loves in life - the family, baking, baking and of course baking. Growing up at my granny's place involved a lot of flour, a lot of sugar, a lot of eggs, and of course a huge load of fascination which has since evolved into passion. A stint at a local hotel in my (not-so) later years then continued to fan the flames.

During the period in london, my love of baking experienced a sudden death. I would like to blame it on the fact that:

1) i had no oven in halls
2) i didn't know where the local baking supply stores were
3) o, there's that essay i haven't done yet

all very pathetic excuses. mais, since coming back, the love for baking has returned (among many others) and hence the blog. this is personal. a collection of stuff that will remind me of the huge-ass variety of food i was brought up on when i'm away from home, the amazing things that grandma taught me and of course, for me to look at the stuff i've ever made (just in case the laptop gets stolen again)

and of course, for my love of food.



if by accident, someone stumbles on this blog, and thinks i'm being pretentious by dropping french all over, please know that i'm a beginner at the language and need to practice in any avenue i can find.

No comments: