Saturday, January 3, 2009

old school fun

Yes, the NYE was a terrible affair - from counting down with the parents at the swissotel (that's the good part) to clubbing with my childhood friend and the usual gang (the better part) to realising that there was not one single cab available on the roads (this is where it starts). Seriously, no cab at all, and i walked down the entire stretch. i gave up, and sat by the curbside alone in the wee hours of the new year, wishing for some form of transportation to magically appear beside me. and then a rickshaw pulls up. well, in Cinderella fashion really, although without the prince, or the glass slipper, and besides it was waay past midnight. Plus, Cinderella's carriage was a pumpkin - kinda free of charge, unlike mine. But hell, anything in order to escape the crowd and go somewhere with CABs.
But for all that jazz, what with reaching home at 5, there was something good to look forward to in the morning. Breakfast was spent with jean at rocher, eating tauhui 2 stores away from the one i usually patronise. He actually called before he picked me up just to check if I was awake. Hey, I believe I'm one of the few who can sleep at 5 and wake up at 9 for breakfast.
So we had tauhui and Jean just went 'of course we must have that (the dough fritter)'. and so we did. Breakfast dragged into a lunch, and even the aunty at the shop knew what a Heineken Man he was. Hah.




Love the mix of old and new in Singapore, and this was in front of where Jean parked. I <3 shophouses.





Last night was clubbing night. I have been drinking quite a fair bit this holiday back home in sg, but it's all in good fun, and I haven't gotten thaat drunk. I think. Yea, but yesterday was reuniion - with jo back from HK and Jean joining us, it was funfunfun. but as usual, the gang was late, and because he picked me up from my get together with my jc friends, we went for drinks at cafe iguana first. always good to start the alcohol first (woot!). I keep forgetting how great Iguna can be - the whole laid back feel, high ceilings, and very good house beer. Yes, I did not have an allergic reaction, so cheers! So 3 pints and a margarita amongst the 2 of us, and we joined the rest for a crazy night.
I'm going to miss singapore. For reasons and more.





No comments: