Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Quiche that said it all, and ended it all.




For all my friends who were over at my place when I first attempted to make the Quiche, you'd know what drama it was. Read: Liquid seeping down to oven base, oven-base smokes up, smoke escapes from little gaps round the oven, kitchen becomes some 80s-period-drama-with excessive-dry-ice-setting, cept it wasn't cooling at all. Merv and I were literally trying to yank up a window that refused to open while fanning the smoke out at the expense of our poor lungs and eyes. So drama drama drama. thank god the quiche tasted alright. It wasn't properly done - runny insides, but my ever encouraging entourage said it tasted great.
I decided to give the quiche one more shot back home in sg. Armed with loads of bacon, greyure and double creammm, success finally found its way to me and the quiche finally turned out good :) Yay me!

No comments: