Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The things in life that just can't be left out.





















Studying overseas has made me appreciate the sheer diversity of the variety of food that we have at home.Whether it is meepok or satay or stingray, you name it and you'll get it. You just can't get the same stuff anywhere else, Chinatown or not.

Adam Road Hawker Center is one of the haunts i frequent back home in sg. It is impossible to go wrong here- judging from the snaking queues of the Nasi Lemak stalls to the equally long queues at the Prawn Mee stall. The Prawn Mee at Adam Road is the BEST prawn mee I've tasted in my entire life. Yes. I can't not eat before I leave because I'll keep thinking about it. It is that good! Being back for only a month this winter break meant that I just had to make a trip down.

So, we made a trip down during his lunch break to wolf down the whole of Adam Road! I had my prawn mee, and he had nasi lemak (without the chicken, because he was afraid I couldn't finish the rest of the food), and we had Oyster Omelette and a Roti John to share. O the goodness of it all! And although mayonnaise on top of the Roti John would have made it taste so much better, we stuffed our faces till we couldn't eat anymore. Lol.

I miss the food already, and I just had it. argh.




























































No comments: