Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pancake Day (:




















Can't believe Lent starts tomorrow- time is really going by too quickly!

I couldn't bear to leave Singapore in January, but now, I just can't help but wish I had more time left in London. I'm truly going to miss hanging out in my flat with the flatmates and friends- all the sleepovers, the dinner parties, the parties-till-potential-eviction.. everything. Technically, I still have a good 5 months- plenty of time, oui?

Well, because it's Shrove Tuesday today (and because I really don't want to do my readings) I decided that we had to make pancakes. None of those thin crepe-y kinds. While those are good, they simply cannot compare to the warm, fluffy, thick American pancakes! I am obviously a proud product of the Golden Arches Era- pancakes=hotcakes (happy meal).

Unfortch, due to our conflicting schedules, only tannie and I could do lunch together- so I made a stack of pancakes. Chocolate Chip pancakes to be exact. (: And we finished them ALL. Yes, that stack. Between 2 of us.

And. Because the other 2 will be free for dinner, tannie decided that we should have pancakes for dinner as well (we never get sick of this I tell you)- complete with a side of bacon. sinful sinful sinful. I tried protesting - ain't that too much pancakes for one day? Okay, I pretended to protest, because as I write this, 2 batches of pancake batter are sitting in my fridge.

Gym anyone?

No comments: