Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sand-ies















I woke up today feeling like I had to bake something. ANYTHING really. After pulling an all nighter to write my rather depressing essay on Genocide, I simply had to reward myself with something sweet. Something that would take my mind of all the atrocities. It helped, of course, that one of the flatmates had friends over for a game of pro-evo, so baking the Blondies did mean that not all of it would end up around my waist.


The idea of Blondies- Blonde Brownies intrigues me. Yes, don't laugh. When I told a friend about its existence, she went 'That's racist'. That left me in stitches. I mean, why would anyone want to make a non-brown brownie? All the fudgy, dense, chocolately goodness of the quintessential should never be substituted with anything else (What Blasphemy!)!

Or so we think.

Perhaps it was because I started the day baking these little squares of goodness- on an empty stomach, but the batter distinctly smelt like the cookie dough in B&J's Cookie Dough Ice Cream. I highly doubt that I was hallucinating, or that the lack of food in my stomach was playing tricks on my brain (just in case you're wondering). And if the batter alone could conjure up such perfect images, it can only be a good thing, oui?

Of course, I cheated and added copious amounts of chocolate chips and walnut pieces (yumm) which definitely gave more texture to the Blondies! The chips melted as I stirred them in my end product turned out to be a rather sandy-coloured Blondie. Not that I'm complaining really.

Nothing like a petit pick-me-up to perk me up after a terrible night (:

Sand-ies anyone?


No comments: