Saturday, March 7, 2009

Midnight baking




















With week 8/9 being essay week, I spent most of the week (as mentioned previously) in the library. But having wireless in your library is not a great idea. Because essay writing tends to be a rather slow and tedious process, and the innate procrastinator in me always triumphs somehow. Yea, so I have to do 4 essays in a week, that's doable (right?) - surfing the net for recipes to try out wouldn't take much time, non?

Obviously not, because one site leads to another site, and then another. And when you are hungry from all that thinking (or dreaming), looking at gorgeous stylised food photography is NOT the way to go.

I eventually fell in love with the idea of making the Pistachio Pound Cake (above). We had a bag of pistachios lying around in the kitchen for about a week or two now, and no one seemed to know who the pistachios belonged to. SO. into a cake it goes! Might I say that cracking those small pistachios were truly a pain, but ah, sacrifices for the greater good.

Unfortch, jia doesn't share my new fixation with pistachios, and because she was supposed to come over for supper, I decided to try a different version of the lemon poppyseed yogurt cake. I'm beginning to think that my oven has decided to be very kind to me lately- because everything came out great (i.e. no smoke emanating and no charred on the outside, squishy in the inside cakes)!

Yay! perfect way to end my non-library day. And sadly, I'll be back there tomorrow. But this time, there'd be no embarrassing stomach growling because I'll be packing these yummers there for me and P.

So take that- irritating guy-beside-me-that-looked-and-laughed everytime my stomach growled.

No comments: