Wednesday, April 8, 2009

petit dejeuner, dejeuner et diner




















You know you're in Paris when you walk into any patisserie or boulangerie and buy yourself possibly the best anything you've ever tried. The boulangerie just outside the hostel the friends and I stayed at had the most amazing financier I've ever tried.

But of course, the only reason we were in Paris (apart from disneyland, of course) was to have Macarons- arguably a Parisian invention. Having already had the Laduree macarons when I came with S two years back, it was time I tried the Ispahan at Pierre Herme that EVERYONE had been raving about.

So, after getting wrong directions from a rather cute looking guy, and a walk down an endless row of shops, I found heaven! The Ispahan lived up to every expectation that had been building up within me through my endless ploughing of foodie websites. And that's not all, the little macarons that they had were amazingly delicate with intense (not overpowering) flavours that danced and intermingled to perfection.

Oh! and of course we had to return to get an Ispahan each for the trip back home.

How the Parisians have only 3 meals a day I cannot comprehend.
If I lived there, even 5 wouldn't suffice.

No comments: