Friday, March 27, 2009

existential reminders.
















In the world's most romantic place, the world's #1 destination for honeymoons and the reputably the best sunset in the world, I nearly died twice.

Yes, in the gorgeous Santorini in Greece, riding that All Terrain Vehicle featured in the picture, I lost control not once, but twice. The first time left me with bruises all over my left arm and hopefully nowhere else. The second one left me shaken. Because you see, if not for the shrub on the far left of the picture, I would have crashed downwards, with nothing to cushion the crash. Down the rocks and into the beautiful, expansive sea in the background.

And all I could think about is why the hell the damn brakes weren't working.

But I shall play the Pollyanna game and find things to be thankful about. To be thankful that the shrub managed to act as barrier. To be thankful that someone up there was looking out for me. To be thankful that my parents were just concerned about my safety rather than the hefty bill that came with the wreck.

And to be thankful for still being alive.

No comments: