Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Take Home Bounty




















As we saunter into September, with London waking up finally after the sleepy Bank Holiday weekend, reality is slowly sinking in. Term is drawing to a close (and I'm only reminded because my exams are tomorrow- double uh-ohs).

I'll be leaving in a fortnight! A proper, quantifiable number now, no longer an abstract oh-around-x months.

Yet, it feels like although everything is drawing to a close, I'm still soaking up (and eating up) lessons at the LCB. We made a rather impressive array today- ranging from the Chequerboard Sables, Batons de Marechal, Palais aux Raisins, Langues de Chat, Florentins, Macarons and Fudge!

I'm pretty sure that I'm about to swear off Fudge. Thou shalt not divulge contents but the artery-clogging-cellulite-inducing-little-square-of-dark-chocolate-fudge is seriously one hell of a bite.

And because these things are bite-sized, they become incredibly addictively easy to pop in your mouth! So much for eating a little bit of everything.

Then again, we only live once, so what's a little indulgence now and then? Oui?




















No comments: