Monday, October 12, 2009

Fickle





















One of the things I missed most about home was the little Hongkong dessert shops offering their wide varieties of tongshui (the next best thing to eating tongshui in Hongkong, of course). The atmosphere in the shops are fantastic- no matter what time of the day you decide that its time for a sweet fix.These places are frequented by people from all age brackets, making me wonder just how much tongshui can Singaporeans really eat in a lifetime!

What I know for sure is that less than 24hours after my very comfortable 13hour journey back home ended, I found myself in one of the abovementioned shops. Now, we all know that we have to make many decisions in life. And being in one of these shops after a very long time left me in dilemma after dilemma. Hot tongshui, or Cold? Which choice should I pick (out of the never ending selection) if I should pick either?

Lucky for me, the dear friend I was with put an end to my deliberation and ordered both the Mango-Pomelo-Sago Ice Bowl and a bowl of Tangyuan (Glutinous Rice Balls in Ginger Soup). Even though the older folks would have frown upon this decision to eat both the hot (the Tangyuan) and the cold (Ice Bowl) in the same sitting, that was really the least of my preoccupations then and there.

Yumm.

O, and did I mention that I kept staring at the bowl of Mango Shaved Ice sitting on the table next to us? If only calories were never an issue ):











No comments: