Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hallowe'en




















It is one of those days where nothing really goes your way. My one-year-ago-flashback was spent in bed nursing a terrible hangover, hearing the boys talking about a friend who threw up on our neighbour's front door, cleaning up vomit in the sink (graciously left behind by a random guest) and just living the life of a normal student. Fastforward a year later and everything's gone wrecked.

Of course, there really isn't any point sitting around and moping over some of the very bad decisions I have made in life. And besides, didn't they say when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade? I had chocolate. A lot of chocolate. And I was in great need of a sugar high. But, precision weighing and baking isn't really for a grumpy/why-her-life-is-so-messed-up girl.

So out goes the digital weighing scale (oh, the travesty of it!) and in comes the measuring cups. Put everything in a deep pan, mix it all up and then add a handful of chocolate. Or maybe two. Or three. Anything to administer a life-can-be-good shot.

Just for the fun of it (and a bolt of inspiration from allrecipes.com), I attempted to make 'mummified' faces on my cupcakes. But of course, when nothing goes your way, nothing will go your way. Far from looking like some potential scary treat, my version turned out looking.. oddly, mouthlessly strange. Almost like a white version of mouthless Mr Messy.

Shoot me now.

No comments: