Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Because ilovepeanutbutter



















My love affair with the peanut butter (smooth only please) goes way back. Can you imagine a world without peanut butter? Or worse, without Peanut Butter and Jelly (PBJ) on toast/whitebread/brownbread? I think, and I am certainly not exaggerating, that my world would crumble into a heap of nothingness without my PBJ.

Of course, the mom is always freaking out when I tell her that I had that for breakfast(or lunch, or dinner) because when I eat PBJ, I eat PBJ. One slice never suffices and I think my record is half a loaf at one go.

[note to self: never buy a jar of peanut butter when you are alone overseas, especially after you haven't had any for a long time]

But I digress. While PBJ is clearly essential for me to function, Peanut Butter alone can do wonders too! In a bid to stop myself from wolfing down another half loaf, I decided the next best thing would be to make peanut butter cookies! And I did.

This marks the end of the baking hiatus and the return of weight gain. How smart was I to think that the 5 batch of cookies that is now sitting on my counter top is going to be 'healthier' than a loaf of bread.

Where are santa's helpers when you need them?

No comments: