Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When you have Breakfast for Dinner

























Sometimes, don't you just feel that having pasta/rice/(insert random dinner menu here) just doesn't cut it for dinner? Well, I felt just like that on Monday. And thankfully, the gang was also sick of having dinner for dinner :)

So off we went to Hatched, a relatively new place specializing in all-day breakfast. Whywhywhy you may ask?

1. You don't have to queue. I've heard the horror stories about the queues at breakfast/brunch.
2. No one said you can't have brioche+bananas+bacon+maple syrup for dinner (bytheway, the picture turned out awful, so I decided not to put it up). While the bacon insert was a tad weird, I'm always up for anything.
3. It feels like you're having brunch/dinner/brinner in Stockholm. I think both the reindeer and the light wood furniture had something to do with it.

I highly doubt the Swedes enjoy the oily, greasy, quintessential brit breakfast (oodles away from minimalist perfection, if you ask me). But, the home-like, christmassy vibe kinda worked out. And when you can actually have conversations (not shouting matches) over a meal out (at a pocket-friendly place) -- I say that's a great place!

Hatched
26 Evans Road, #01-06 Evans Lodge

























No comments: