Tuesday, December 8, 2009

So I lived to see the Greek Sunset

























The Greek trip I took this year was one helluva trip. From crashing ATVs to seeing riots+shouting+chaos unfold before my eyes - I think I left Greece shell-shocked and never really recovered from all that. Yes, the people were friendly, the islands were spectacular and the food was great. But, it has taken me 8 months worth of hindsight to see this.

























But I'm incredibly thankful that I lived to catch the gorgeous Greek Sunset at Oia and that the huge bruises peppering my limbs didn't require much medical attention save for an xray (that mysteriously disappeared).

I guess the best part of the trip was properly enjoying Greek cuisine. After all, it was here that I fell in love with Feta and Moussaka. It was also here in Greece that we got to climb the beautiful cobbled pathways in the freezing midnight spring wind (resolutely to the pub in the middle of the labyrinth). It was here that I finally got to see the sugarcube houses and blue-domed churches of Santorini. And it was here that I made one of the best decisions.

You've never really lived, till you have lived. Oui?

















































No comments: