Sunday, May 16, 2010

Come picnic with me (:


















You know how sometimes, just sometimes, getting takeaways just doesn't cut it? On those days, the dad, sis and I will drive down to our friendly neighbourhood butchers' to get ourselves a ready roasted chicken. Throw some campbell soup into the pot (mushroom only please), mash up some potato and voila. Easy peasy, no?

But when you start doing this on a weekly basis, things can start to get a little boring. So instead of just attacking the chicken fingers and all, I decided that I wanted my chicken on foccacia AND on a blanket of gouda. And that's what I did! Of course, sans all the lettuce and tomatoes and everything the mom tried to convince me necessary.

The only thing that was missing was a picnic mat, but of course the parents would hear nothing of that sort (only because our garden is really just a patch of grass and of course with the crazy heat we've been experiencing, the mom just goes into a well-rehearsed the-sun-is-terrible mode).

SOooo, I've managed to psych my darling bestfriends into a picnic in a fortnight! Can't wait!


No comments: