Friday, May 14, 2010

London- the ex lover.

























So after months of hard work, non existent weekends and pure exhaustion, alcohol was definitely in order last night. Sure it's temporary relief, but I'll say any relief is better than none.

Our little party of four started talking about the crazy days in London and soon realised that we were sitting on two different sides of the fence. You see, we started personifying London as the lover- the dashing dark and handsome stranger that you'd wish to have flings with over and over again. And of course, Singapore was the dependable archetypal Mr.Right that girls tend to marry and end up with even if the constant yearning for the darker side remains. Because dependable and safe (and boring) is always good, no?

Well, that's how the other girls saw it. But K and I stood on the opposite side of the fence. Sure, London was the lover that taught us so many things, allowed us to breathe freedom, lured us to see the world proper with our own eyes. London was sexy and seductive, but London wasn't exactly the ideal perfect lover. In fact, London was pretty nasty and cold to us at times, and many a time we'd wonder why the hell were we there.

Sure, Singapore's dependable and safe and undeniably my Mr Right. But whoever said being in the comfort zone isn't a good thing (or boring?!)? We've gone out and explored options. We've had dalliances and decided that it wasn't for us. And I've decided that being able to have my favourite Roasted Pork Noodles in the morning with loved ones is something that I cannot do without.

Besides, I live with the faith that my new lover will throw me fantastic surprises when I least expect it.

No comments: