Sunday, March 22, 2009

inspiration+turning22
















Jia turned 22 a couple of days back and we surprised her with cake+roshni. She was terribly un-cooperative, refusing to come by my place (when all of us were already waiting). To make things worse, she already suspected something was going on. Seriously. This is not fun at all! I'm going to start designating people random birthdays so the surprise element will always be there. Thank goodness Rosh arranged to come down a little earlier- one surprise beats none.

Was trying out various cakes throughout the week- Cake #1 was an apple crumble cheesecake- but cheesecakes and my oven really don't go together so I had to scrap it; Cake #2 was a chocolate raspberry cake with milk chocolate frosting which was gone in 2 days. Cake #2 was going to be THE cake.

But, when it came down to baking the cake on the day itself, I felt that I just didn't feel like making such a dense and heavy cake. Plus, I wanted a happy-looking cake (coz turning 22 doesn't mean you have to be all contemplative and serious ), if you know what I mean. And of course with the tiny little heaven-in-two-pink-discs as my inspiration, I just had to make the raspberry and lychee cake for her.

So, this happened.




















Happy birthday (:

No comments: