Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How to be a Good Neighbour (When you have too many cakes)







































It's official, the team of eaters has disbanded for various reasons (home, diet, whatnots) and zero credit on my phone has severely disconnected me from the rest of the world (limiting my ability to invite people over)

So this leaves me with several options:
(a) Eat up everything - which will probably give my mom nightmares about the ball rolling towards her when I land at Changi.

(b) Give larger portions to my only loyal member in the team - which will probably scare her mom when she finds out what I've been passing to her daughter.

(c) Give to ex-colleagues- Probably the best solution- but an hour walk away in the London rain didn't sound as appealing as curling up with a hot bowl of soup (not cake).

Hence, given my extreme sloth-like inertia to venture out of the building, I had to find a way to split cake. With the Charlotte au chocolat and the Charlotte aux Cassis staring back at me when I got home, I half regreted not distributing it to the gazillion people staring at me (and my transparent cake box) on my way home.

Next best solution: NEIGHBOURS! Cue How to be a Good Neighbour Lesson 101 for a win-win situation. I wouldn't have to leave the building and mom will not get nightmares, tres bien!



















No comments: