Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thé Vert Genoise à la Confiture de Marron




















An update on one of the potentials for the big day in 2 weeks :) The birthday girl wanted her green tea - something cake, while I needed practice, so voila! I tweaked the recipe a little and altered the classic genoise to a green tea base sandwiched with buttercream and a layer of chestnut creme.

My masking and coating could do with a little more practice. I had the shakes halfway (trying to whip up genoise with a small whisk instead of the balloon was crazy!) so piping's still (very) much to be desired. But I was pretty pleased with the overall result, texture and taste :D Oh and everyone's telling me to bake wedding cakes.

En route to a career plan change?




2 comments:

The Sibert Family said...

Wow! That looks really good!

cher said...

thank you! you're too kind!